Orecchiette Salad with Fresh Mushrooms and White Beans
Pair with our manzanita Creek Fantozzi Vineyard Chardonnay
- 8 oz orecchiette pasta
- 1 lb button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup peas (fresh, canned or frozen-thaw)
- 2 oz freshly shaved Parmesan (to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil-equal to lemon juice
- handful of Italian flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together, season to taste with salt & pepper.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain and rinse in cold water to cool. A handy way to speed things up with this dish is to have the can of beans already open and the peas measured out while the pasta cooks. When the pasta goes into the colander to drain, just dump the peas and beans in too, then you can thaw, cool, rinse, and drain everything all at once.
In a large bowl, mix the pasta, peas, Parmesan cheese, white beans, and mushrooms together. Add the dressing and parsley to the salad and toss to coat.